At Holy Redeemer Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by creating a community rooted in the Jesuit School’s Values, challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment that champions respect for all.
At Holy Redeemer, we believe that diversity is a strength
Equality in Teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society;
Ebeddingand living out the Jesuit School Values;
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping;
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures;
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education;
Utilisingteaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which areinclusive and reflective of our pupils.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
The school has a full and separate Equal Opportunites Policy, which can be found on our ‘Policies’ page. Please consult this for further details.