We have had the following request from Pershore Foodbank. Please help if you are able to.
Last month we submitted our annual report for the Foodbank’s activities during 2022. I will share it with you as soon as it becomes available for publication. In the meantime I just wanted to let you know that we met 80% of our clients’ needs through your extremely kind donations and were only required to buy in the remaining 20%.
As well as being such a testament to the generosity of our community during such an unprecedented financial crisis, this enabled our families to enjoy a whole variety of produce, often of the better quality brands rather than the standard economy fare that we buy in bulk. It really does add a little colour and excitement to people who are experiencing a downturn in their circumstances, when they find a special treat in their grocery bag.
Thank you for keeping up the good work.
We appreciate donations of:
- Tinned meat, fish, vegetables and fruit
- Staples such as pasta*, rice, mashed potato & long-life milk
- Tea, coffee, sauces & condiments
- Cleaning products and toiletries.
- (Chocolate and biscuits are back on the permitted treats list)
* Yes! We have come to the end of the “lockdown pasta mountain” at last
Nicola Ainsworth (on behalf of Pershore Foodbank)